Dec 2013 - today: Assistant professor of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Parma. His main interests and activities include:
- Experimental research. Preclinical studies evaluating innovative treatments for malignant pleural mesothelioma (murine and ovine models).
- Experimental studies testing new EGFR inhibitors alone or in combination with traditional chemotherapy for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer in nude mice models.
- Clinical research. Planning and realization of observational studies, including all the aspects related to thoracic surgery: lung cancer, mediastinal disease and tumors, pneumothorax.
- Representative person for Research for the Surgical Departement of the University Hospital of Parma, in the setting of the Regional project "Anagrafe della Ricerca".
- Tutoring activity for medical school students (ward rounds, outpatient clinic, postoperative follow-up) and preparation of their degree thesis.
- Training activity for residents in thoracic surgery.
- His clinical and surgical interests include minimally invasive surgery of pneumothorax, lung cancer and multimodal treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma. 1553 surgical procedures performed, 690 of which as surgeon and 233 as trainer of residents in thoracic surgery.
- Day hospital and outpatient clinic activity.
- Active and dedicated partecipation to multidisciplinary staff meeting (GIOT- Interdepartmental Group of Thoracic Oncology).
- Central venous catheters positioning.
1 jan 2009 - 15 dec 2013: consultant thoracic surgeon at the Unit of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Parma. During this period of time, he also took part in a screening program for breast cancer.
- Apr 2012: PhD in Experimental Respiratory Physiopathology at the Universty of Parma.
- 1 mar 2008 - 1 mar 2009: 2nd Level Master "Learning the Metodology of Research" at the University Hospital of Parma.
- 1 jan 2007 - 1 feb 2008: University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich Swizerland. During that fellowship, he performed experimental reaserch in the field of malignant pleural mesothelioma (rat models) and lung tranplantation (pig models). He was also a member of the transplant team.
- Nov 2003 - nov 2008: Residency in Thoracic Surgery at the University Hospital of Parma.
- Apr 2003: Medical School degree at the University of Parma.
- Experimental studies testing new EGFR inhibitors alone or in combination with traditional chemotherapy for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer in nude mice models. In collaboration with the Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine (prof. Petronini) and Medical Oncology (dott. Ardizzoni).
- Identification of lung cancer stem cells for the understanding and research of new therapeutic targets. In collaboration with the Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine (prof. Quaini, prof. Petronini),Medical Oncology (dott. Ardizzoni) and Pathological Anatomy (prof. Silini).
- Molecular characterization of non-small-cell lung cancer. In collaboration with Pathological Anatomy (prof. Silini).
MALIGNANT PLEURAL MESOTHELIOMA.
- Evaluation of polymeric films loaded with chemotherapeutic drugs for the locoregional treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma in murine and ovine models.
- Planning a phase I study evaluating the feasibility and treatment-related toxicity of polymeric films for malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Predictive and prognostic role of miRNA in malignant pleural mesothelioma patients.
Tutti i giorni, previo appuntamento tramite email.