- Degree in Mathematics (cum laude), University of Parma, Italy, 1992.
- Ph.D. Degree in Computational and Applied Mathematics, University of Milano, Italy, 1996.
- One-year research fellow by CNR (National Research Council of Italy) at Department of Mathematics, University of Parma, Italy, 1992 and 1996.
- Ph.D. fellow from 1992 to 1995 at the University of Milano (Italy).
- Since 1998, Assistant Professor of Mathematical Physics, Faculty of Sciences, University of Parma.
Present position: Associate Professor of Mathematical Physics, Faculty of Sciences, University of Parma (since 23 Dec. 2010)
Teaching and training experiences
- From 1992 to 1998: teaching assistant in various courses of Numerical Analysis and Mathematical Analysis at the University of Parma.
- Since 1998, I have been teaching Rational Mechanics, Applied Mathematics, Models in Mathematical Physics at the University of Parma.
- Since 1992, I have been advisor or co-advisor of graduate theses in Mathematics (at University of Parma) in the fields of numerical methods for PDEs, kinetic theory of gases, mathematical models in populations dynamics.
Since 2004 I have been reviewer of papers in kinetic theory for MathSciNet
Referee for journals of Applied Mathematics and Fluid Dynamics.
I am author of more than fifty research papers on international journals (peer-reviewed) with large diffusion, and I have presented results of my researches in about thirty international conferences (some of them as invited speaker).
Invited short visits at foreign Universities: Graz (Austria), Northridge (USA), Kyoto (Japan), ENS Cachan (France), Saarbruecken (Germany).
Research projects and grants
- Coordinator of one-year junior research grant from GNFM-INDAM (National Group for Mathematical Physics of Italy) in 2002 for researches on the detonation problem for a mixture of chemically reacting gases.
- Since 1998, Member of the research unit in Parma of the Research Project PRIN MIUR (Ministry for Education, University and Research of the Italian Republic)
- Coordinator of a bilateral project UIF - Galileo Project 2007 between Italy and France
My primary research activity deals with the kinetic theory of gases, in particular the dynamics of gas mixtures in the presence of non-conservative interactions, like chemical reactions, absorption, generations, inelastic scattering, presence of background host media (extended kinetic theory,generalized integro-differential equations of Boltzmann type).
My present research activity includes also mathematical models in biomathematics, in particular the qualitative analysis of differential models in population dynamics and epidemiology (equilibria, stability, limit cycles, bifurcations).