"Each student should obtain the knowledge and the practical ability to develop advanced statistical analysis, based on the treated methods and techniques.
It is moreover required to become able to use Microsoft Excel in a thorough, flexible and very fast way."
Analisi matematica, geometria, statistica
Course contents summary
"1. Multiple regression, linear and polynomial, also heteroscedastic.
2. Design of Experiments (DoE).
3. Analysis of variance (ANOVA), one-way, two-way and with interactions.
4. Pearson's chi-square test (goodness-of-fit test and contingency tables).
5. Advanced hypothesis tests: Operating Characteristic (OC) Curves and power; test for p with exact binomial law. Fisher-Irwin test.
6. Basic Montecarlo simulation."
"1. Sheldon M. Ross - Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists, Fourth Edition - Academic Press, 2009 - ISBN 978-0123704832
2. Michael R. Middleton - Data Analysis Using Microsoft Excel: Updated for Office XP - South-Western College Pub, 2003 - ISBN 978-0534402938
3. Andrew Sleeper - Design for Six Sigma Statistics - McGraw-Hill, 2005 - ISBN 978-0071451628"
Class teaching (32 h) and computer lab on Microsoft Excel 2007 (20 h)
Assessment methods and criteria
"1. Multiple answer test (the student has to pass this test to be allowed to part 2, but this mark will not be used in the final evaluation).
2. Practical test: multivariate statistical analysis on MS Excel.