Food and Beverages 1
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The main objective of this course is to give the students the cutural tools necessary to apply sensorial methods to the analysis of food items and to obtain accurate and reprucible results as well as to provide the student with knowledge about processing and technologies used to produce selected food and beverages.
Course contents summary
- Intorduction to sensory analysis. Sensorial attributes of foods.
- Controls for test room, product and panel.
- Factors influencing sensory verdict.
- Errors in Sensory analysis
- Discrimination tests: techniques, panel selection and training, analysis of risults.
- Descriptive tests: techniques, panel selection and training, analysis of risults.
Cereal based products
Cookies and biscuits
Sugar, sweeteners and honey
Sensory evaluation of food: principles and practices, H.T. Lawless, H. Heymann, Chapman & Hall, New York, NY, 1998
Sensory evaluation techniques 3rd edition, Meilgaard, Civile, Carr, CRC Press, 1999
Valutazione sensoriale: Aspetti teorici, pratici e metodologici, E. Pagliarini, Hoepli, Milano, 2002
Seminars with experts
Assessment methods and criteria