FINANCIAL MARKETS AND INSTITUTIONS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course aims to provide insights into financial economics, economics of banking, its role in the economy, and practical risk management issues. The analytical foundations of the banking firm and financial intermediaries are investigated, and their implications toward banking market structures are derived.
Course contents summary
• The theoretical concepts of "bank", "banking activities", “financial intermediation”
• The payments system and the monetary policy of the European Central Bank
• The lending instruments
• The deposits and other saving instruments
• The lending decisions and the customer selection
• The economic convenience among different financial instruments
• The investment services
• The insurance services
• The minimum capital requirements and the rules on assessing and managing the banks' capital
- Strumenti finanziari e creditizi: dai bisogni alle soluzioni, di L. Munari, McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- Il sistema finanziario,di B. Ronchini,dispensa in pdf, 2012.
Assessment methods and criteria