LEGISLATION AND URBAN PLANNING
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge and understanding:
At the end of the course the student will know the basic principles of law, particularly private law (contracts, law of property) and administrative law (administrative procedure) and he will have a basic knowledge of state and regional planning and building rules.
At the end of the course of study the student will have developed the ability to orient in the world of the law, especially in matters of interest to a professional technician, and then to find and “implement” planning / building laws. The student will have full knowledge of the main institutions and obligations regarding planning / building law. In addition, the student (especially the attending student) will have developed a passable knowledge of legal Language.
Course contents summary
- Principles of private law
The law of contract
Contract of sale
Public works contract
The law of property. Real and personal property. Real estate.
- Administrative procedure.
The procedure manager
Participation in administrative procedure
Simplification of administrative procedure
Effectiveness and invalidity of administrative action. Revocation and Annulment.
Access to administrative documents
- Town planning
Principles of town planning
Planning instruments and contents
- Building activity
Certificate of occupancy
Liability, penalties, sanctio
- laws (available at educational center);
- notes (available at educational center).
Recommended textbooks, for further study:
- Giorgio Pagliari, Corso di Diritto Urbanistico, IV edizione, Giuffrè Editore, Milano, 2010;
- A. Fiale, E. Fiale, Diritto Urbanistico, XIV Edizione, Edizioni Giuridiche Simone, Napoli, novembre 2011.
- Fabio Dani, Discipline giuridiche per l’architettura – Territorio, pianificazione e opere pubbliche, G.Giappichelli Editore, Torino 2013 (First and Second parts).
- A. Crosetti, A.Police, M.R. Spasiano, Diritto Urbanistico e dei lavori pubblici, Torino, 2007 (planning and building law).
The course consists of oral lessons.
During the lessons, after introducing the principles and the cultural background of reference, we will proceed to make an analysis of the laws. The rules for the professional technician will be analyzed.
There will also be some "practical" lessons with the participation of authoritative representatives of public administrations.
Assessment methods and criteria
For attending students the examination will consist of an oral exam concerning the contents of the lessons.
Attending students, however, will have the opportunity, as an alternative, to take the exam by written text.
For those who do not attend the course, the exam will consist of a written test, given the limited knowledge of legal language.
The questions, whether oral or written, shall be aimed at verifying the knowledge of the student learned during the course as well as the ability (skills) of: - practical understanding of the institutions of civil and administrative law related to town planning and building law; - resolution of "practical” cases.