GENERAL AND APPLIED HYGIENE
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
At the end of this course student should have acquired fundamental knowledge of the prevention of infectious diseases; à special attention is given to the vaccine-preventable diseases.
To have passed Semeiotics and Pharmacology exam.
COURSE CONTENTS SUMMARY
General concepts about hygiene, basic epidemiology aspects, general and specific preventionof infectious diseases, food safety and nutrition.
• Barbuti S, Bellelli E, Fara GM, Giammanco G. Igiene e medicina preventiva (4° ediz). Monduzzi, Bologna, 2011.
• Signorelli C: Igiene, epidemiologia e sanità pubblica (Secrets, VI EDIZIONE). SEU, Roma, 2011.
ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA
. Epidemiology and specific prevention of infectious diseases
• Epidemiology and prevention of airborne diseases
• Epidemiology and prevention of sexually transmitted disease and parenteral transmission
• Epidemiology and prevention of faecal-oral transmitted diseases
• Epidemiology and prevention of vector borne diseases and zoonoses
• Epidemiology and prevention of vertical-transmitted diseases
• Emerging and remerging infectious diseases.
• Travel medicine and Bioterrorism