LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
The students will acquire at the end of the course the abilities:
- to recognize the social impairment induced by mental disorders;
- to differentiate the social dysfunctions induced by mental disorders from the social discomfort not associated with mental illnesses;
- to refer patients with severe mental disorders to the Department of Mental Health.
COURSE CONTENTS SUMMARY
The course will address to:
- the social dysfunctions induced by mental disorders (the so-called social drift);
- the difference between the social consequences of mental disorders and the social discomfort not associated with mental disorders;
- the characteristics of a psycho-social interventions.
Moreover the course will present the services of the Department of Mental Health, including the services for Substance Dependence and the services for Infancy and Adolescence Psychiatry and how to refer patients to these services.
Liberman RP. Handbook of Psychiatric Rehabilitation. Raffaello Cortina editore, Milano, 1997.
ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA
A written multiple choice test will evaluate the learning, and it will insert in the final evaluation (with the same method) of the course of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology.
Lessons and attendance of the services of the Department of Mental Health