Learning outcomes of the course unit
I) Knowledge and understanding: at the end of the course the student will know the essentials of business organization, the characteristics of organizational structure, culture and coordination.
II) Competences: at the end of the course the student will be able to read and comment the main organizational information and to define a simple organization assessment process.
III) Making judgements: at the end of the course the student will be able to comment the organizational structure of an entity, its organizational culture and its coordination processes.
IV) Communication skills: at the end of the course the student will be able to use specific terminology in the field of organizational and to communicate properly with management.
V) Learning skills: through examples and discussions, the student will be
able understand in depth the process of organizational evaluation in an entity.
Course contents summary
The course aims at explaining the students the main elements of business organization, discussing the following topics:
1. Introduction to business organization
2. Organization and organizational efficacy: basic elements
3. Organizational stakeholders, managers and organizational ethics
4. Organization and changes: the organizational environment and strategies for managing changes
• Educational material given to students during the lesson and uploaded on the courses’ web page.
• Jones G. R. (2007), Organizzazione. Teoria, progettazione, cambiamento. Egea, Milano (Chapters 1,2,3)
Lectures and discussion
Assessment methods and criteria
The educational objectives (I, II, III, IV, V) will be assessed trough a written exam with 3 open questions (10 points each).