CONSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES AB
Learning outcomes of the course unit
To present basic concepts and tools for structural design of beams and frames in reinforced concrete and steel.
Analisi, Geometria, Meccanica Razionale, Scienza delle Costruzioni
Course contents summary
Structural analysis of frames. Deflection of beams. Principle of virtual work. Mohr’s theorem. Statically indeterminate beams. Flexural deformability and stiffness of a beam. Shear deformability and stiffness of a beam. Statically indeterminate frames. Fixed-joint and sway frames. Force method. Displacement method.
Design methods. Design at the Allowable Stresses and at the Limit States.
Reinforced concrete structures. Material properties. Members subjected to axial load, to flexure, to combined axial load and flexure (interaction diagrams). Instability. Members subjected to Shear and Torsion. Introduction to cracking and deformation.
Steel structures. Material properties. Tension members, compression members and buckling. Latticed columns. Combined bending and axial load. Bolted and welded connections
Practices lectures. Actions for use in design. Design of slabs, beams, columns, corbels. Design-code recomendations.
- Documentation provided by the teacher.
- R. Calzona, C. Cestelli Guidi. “Il calcolo del C.A.”. Hoepli Editore, Milano.
- G. Ballio, F.M. Mazzolani. “Strutture in acciaio” ISEDI, Mondadori Editore.
- G. Toniolo. “Calcolo strutturale. I telai”. Masson.
- R. Walther , M. Miehlbradt Progettare in calcestruzzo armato , Milano, Hoepli.
- R. Favre et al., Progettare in calcestruzzo armato : piastre, muri, pilastri e fondazioni , Milano, Hoepli, 1994.
- Migliacci: “Progetti di strutture”. Masson, Milano.
- P. Pozzati. “Teoria e tecnica delle strutture”. Voll. 1,2*, 2**. UTET.