Knowledge and understanding: Students will acquire the basic knowledge of the lows of static, kinematics and dynamic, along with the transmission of motion and forces in simple mechanisms.
Skills: analyzing the basic mechanisms and laws of motion. simple dynamical systems analysis.
Making judgments: one of the objectives of the course is to introduce the mechanical designer, who is able to analyze and draw a required functionality in an efficient and economic design.
Learning skills: the student will develop the ability to critically analyze simple mechanisms.
Communication skills: to present and discuss the basic problems of applied mechanics.
Course contents summary
Fundamentals of statics, kinematics and dynamics
0) Mechanics, an introduction.
1) Statics, force systems equilibrium.
2) Elementary kinematics.
3) Fundamental lows in dynamics.
4) Conservation lows.
5) Concepts on motion actuators.
6) Actuators mechanical characteristics.
7) Transmission of motion.
8) Transients in machines.
9) Mechanisms with periodical motion.
10) One degree of freedom vibrations: introduction.
11) Forced linear systems: frequency res[ponse.
12) General systems of the second order.
F. Giordana, "Lezioni di meccanica delle macchine", Spiegel, 1999