PEDAGOGY OF THE MEDIA
Learning outcomes of the course unit
1. critically compare the main models of digital competence;
2. analyze the structure of MLE projects and activities;
3. design activities and curricula in the MLE area, about commercials and PSA.
Concept of media literacy education, theories in Media Pedagogy.
Course contents summary
Based on contemporary theories of media education, the course presents new theories and practice about advertising and PSA. Furthermore, it faces the issue of media education design, and the possibility to study commercials at school and in other educational settings.
- D. FELINI, Pedagogia dei media. Questioni, percorsi e sviluppi, Brescia, La Scuola Editrice, 2004.
- D. FELINI (a cura di), Video Game Education, Milano, Unicopli, 2012.
- R. HOBBS, Digital and Media Literacy. Connecting Culture and Classroom, Thousand Oaks (California), Corwin Press, 2011.
- P. PANARESE, Quel che resta della pubblicità. La comunicazione di marketing nell’epoca post spot, Bologna, Lupetti, 2010.
Oral lesson, group discussion, project work, online collaborative work.
Assessment methods and criteria