LABORATORY FOR STRUCTURE DESIGN AND CONTROL
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course aims to provide the students with basic technical and practical tools which are fundamental both for the structural design of steel or reinforced concrete buildings, as well as for the direction of the work during construction, and for the carrying out of the acceptance tests.
Structural mechanics, Technique of constructions.
Course contents summary
1) Code prescriptions; Italian provisions; Eurocodes.
2) Computation of actions. Structural tipology choice and structures dimensioning.
3) Structural analysis methods.
4) Structure verifications.
5) Final plan: execution and report of calculations.
6) Works of building construction and used materials test.
7) Non-destructive tests on the structure and acceptance tests.
- Italian Prescriptions
- Migliacci: “Progetti di strutture”, Masson Italia Editori, 1985.
Attendance and final oral interview
The practice lectures concern the developing of a design of a reinforced concrete building according to Eurocode prescriptions.