Learning outcomes of the course unit
The importance of architecture is the means most conducive to scientific knowledge and understanding of architecture built in its ideational components, formal and technological-constructive. Invaluable tool to capture in a profound way the work of our predecessors in "doing" architecture, it becomes indispensable for the development of projects of restoration and conservation of existing architectural heritage, and the starting point for all architectural projects in Typically, however, which are inserted in an existing man-made, and which must be taken into account. Knowing what surrounds our action or object that is the same of our project is not only essential to culturally and ethically then, in order to develop an architectural-conscious manager, but a professional required by existing legislation on the design.
The course thus aims to equip the student's knowledge of methods designed to overcome the problems related to urban and architectural significance, such as to enable him to design the survey, run it and return it graphically, finalizing the acquisition and processing operations aspects critics, historians, technical and operational, that the survey itself can be used.
Course contents summary
The themes developed in the course will be primarily those related to the reading of the ideational content of an architectural structure, with close contact to the subjects of literature and history. Then we will analyze the themes of perception, detection and graphical depiction of the appropriate scale of representation, through the acquisition of different methods of detection. This will also studied classical elements that make up the bulk of historical architecture. The identification phase of the relief, from the drawing of the detailed design, will be accompanied by specific actions on the themes to be represented by a graphic transcription levels of materials and surface decoration.
The course will consist of three separate stages and consequent well articulated:
1) Lectures on issues concerning the history and evolution of methods for detection and representation, literature, preliminary information on the object of investigation, methods of detection on urban and architectural techniques with direct and integrated at different scales and instrumental to the relief detail, the theoretical foundations for the terrestrial photogrammetry, survey and analysis of the classical orders of architecture and ancient, on the return of the relief with the use of graphic workstations and automatic plotters, as well as on issues related to the relief of themes and their refund.
2) Tutorials through specific actions on the themes of the lessons:
A - Reading and assumptions of the concept phase of the project through the relief of the underlying proportional grid
and references architectural cast;
B - References and classicists classics through the pad and the representation of architectural styles;
C - Acquisition of the distortions caused by the urban environment through the important philological -
D - Acquisition of a formally defined by the visual perception through the photographic survey and
drawing from life;
E - Methods sensing applications;
F - The size and shape of the architecture through the important geometric and thematic;
3) Implementation of the importance of an architecture, developed independently by students on themes set out and assigned to teams of three students at the most, and graphic rendering of the same, on a scale of 1:50, on individual plates in A1 format.
Testo adottato per il corso:
M. Docci, G. Maestri, Il rilevamento architettonico – Storia metodi e disegno, Bari 1984.
Testo adottato per il test:
P. Giandebiaggi, Il disegno di un’utopia, Collana RRR, Mattioli 1885, Fidenza, 2003
A. Zerbi, Dalla misura al modello digitale, Collana RRR, Mattioli 1885, Fidenza, 2007
Testi di riferimento sui singoli aspetti del corso:
sulla documentazione storico-iconografica:
M. Docci (a cura di), Il disegno di progetto dalle origini al XVIII sec., Gangemi Editore, Roma 1993
C. Cundari (a cura di ), L’immagine del rilievo, Roma, Longanesi Ed., 1992
P. Giandebiaggi, I disegni dell’architettura universitaria: Parma (1600- 1940), Parma 1990
sul rilievo urbano:
Norme (UNI 7310/74)
S. Coppo, Torino nell’Ottocento e nel Novecento, Ampliamenti e trasformazioni entro la cerchia
Dei corsi napoleonici, Torino 1995
A. Baculo Giusti, Napoli in Assonometria, Napoli 1992
AA.VV., Il rilievo del Moderno: caratteri di riconoscibilità della forma urbana, Flaccovio Editore, Palermo 1996
C. Vernizzi, Parma e la Via Emilia. Collana RRR, Mattioli 1885, Fidenza, 2004
sul disegno dal vero ed edotipi:
D. Maestri, Il disegno dal vero, in Disegnare n.8
M. Chiavoni, Il disegno dell’analisi degli organismi architettonici: l’Oratorio dei Filippini in Roma, in Disegnare n. 12
sul rilievo dell’architettura:
E. Mandelli, I Palazzi del Rinascimento, Alinea, Firenze, 1989
C. Mezzetti (a cura di), La rappresentazione dell’architettura: storia, metodi, immagini, Edizioni Kappa, Roma, 2000
G. Cento, Rilievo edilizio architettonico, Vitali e Ghianda, Genova, 1959.
J. P. Saint Aubin, Il rilievo e la rappresentazione dell’architettura, Bergamo 1999.
P. Giandebiaggi, Strutturazioni geometrico-formali in un progetto neoclassico: Palazzo Corradi-Cervi a Parma, in Disegnare n.8
G. Pagnano, Modulo e proporzione nei disegni di progetto di Rosario Gagliardi, in Disegnare n.6
E. Mandelli, Le tarsie marmoree di San Miniato al Monte di Firenze, in Disegnare n.6
P. Quattrini, Sul linguaggio nascosto dell’architettura: la ricerca della Giusta Misura e la conquista della proporzione Naturale, in Disegnare n. 9/10
sul disegno degli ordini classici:
R. Migliari, Il disegno degli ordini e il rilievo dell’architettura classica, in Disegnare n.2
R. Chitam, Gli ordini classici in architettura, Hoepli, Milano 1998
lectures, tutorials, and reviews of graphic
Assessment methods and criteria
At the end of the first phase of the course, which corresponds to the lessons, the student will face a questionnaire on the monographs "The design of a utopia, the role of drawing and relief in the architectural design and urban transformations in the eighteenth and Parma XIX Century "by Paul Giandebiaggi;" By measuring the digital model. Important issues in architecture and historical monuments addressed through a case OS: Towers of the Vincentians in Parma "by Andrea Zerbi, and this questionnaire is designed to test your knowledge of the monograph cited above and therefore the role of the survey and design for knowledge architecture.
The student will face while a second questionnaire through which learning occurs lectures held during the course and topics of the exercises undertaken. Overcoming these questionnaires mentioned above, will allow the elimination of the oral examination in the final examination.
Then the student can take the exam through the production of a series of elaborate argument to verify the scientific level the inherent ability to translate graphical models into the existing architecture complexity, bringing with him a complete architectural survey carried out by him.
For the interview, examination, required the following documents:
Documents collected and properly bound in A4 format:
• Report complete with historical iconography, historical documents, etc..;
• Collection of eidotipi most representative survey carried out;
• Photographic documentation of the detected object specifying the items of recovery of the photo enforced;
• Written description of procedures performed during the detection;
Final drawings printed in A1 format, according to information contained in the prototype file:
• framework for urban scale 1:5000 or 1:2000 and 1:500 scale with triangulations;
• Survey geometric plants listed in 1:50 scale with a representation of the roofing systems of the individual premises (times, beams, etc..) - An indication of the vertical pattern of the shares of several horizontal sections;
• Survey Topic: plants not listed on a 1:50 scale with a representation of the floors of each room (although small areas) - an indication of the vertical pattern of the shares of several horizontal sections;
• Survey geometric vertical sections listed in 1:50 scale, possibly through the stairwells - an indication of the position of horizontal lines diagram of the different vertical sections;
• Survey geometric - Theme: tables are not listed on a scale of 1:50 with reference to the materials of the facade;
• Architectural details: plans, elevations, sections, axonometric a scale of 1:50, 1:20, 1:10 of particular architectural choice set with the teacher;
• Axonometric building or complex of an adequate scale;
• Possible: 3D model, use of color on the tables, et.
Examination will be delivered to the teacher the following material:
• cd (suitably equipped with a label giving the location of the relief and the names of the students in the group) that contains the drawing file, the file of the historical relationship, the photographic documentation;
• A3 printing of the final drawings;