Learning outcomes of the course unit
Across a thoroug treatment of the varied areas of interest of the specific discipline (traumatology; congenit and acquired malformations; oncology), it is wanted to provoke in the student a passion exceeding the simple overcoming of the final examination of the course, stimulating in him the curiosity to deepen the varied arguments so to reach a good professional training to be able to diagnose and to differentiate the varied pathological conditions during its future activity.
Having successfully completed the preclinical Courses.
Course contents summary
- Clefts lip and palate: embryology, clinics, therapy
- Clinical features of the main cranio-facial malformations
- Dentofacial anomalies: clinics, therapy
- Surgical pathology of the salivary glands (with special interest to parotid tumors)
- Oral cavity cancer: etiopathogenesis, clinics, therapy
- Malignant tumors of the paranasal sinuses: diagnosis, clinics, therapy
- Reconstructive surgery of the head and neck region: general concepts and short accounts of the main used flaps
- Traumatology of the maxillo-facial district: clinics, therapy
- R. Brusati, M. Chiapasco: Elementi di chirurgia oro-maxillo-facciale, Ed. Masson
- J.C. Posnick: Craniofacial and maxillofacial surgery in children and young adults, Ed. Saunders
- Thawley, Panje, Batzakis, Lindberg: Comprehensive management of head and neck tumors, Ed. Saunders
- Urken, Cheney, Sullivan, Biller: Atlas of regional and free flaps for head and neck reconstruction, Ed. Raven - Fonseca, Walker, Betts, Barber: Oral and maxillofacial trauma, Ed. Saunders
Oral lessons and practice.
- Prof. Enrico Sesenna
- Prof. Silvano Ferrari
- Dott. Tito Poli