OSTEOGENESIS AND CONDROGENESIS: MODELS OF BIOCOMPATILITY IN VIVO AND IN
The course aims to give at the student a specific knowledge of biotechnological techniques applied to morphological and functional study of tissues, in particular bone tissue.
Locomotor system: classification of bones and principles of biomechanic
- Forms of bony tissue
- Morphological and structural characteristics
- Deposition and remodeling dinamics
Definition and classification of biomaterials employed in orthopaedic and dental field
Experimental protocols for evaluation of osteointegration
Notions of legislation on animal experimentation
Methods for the osteintegration evaluation: bone vital markers, polarized light microscopy analysis, histochemical and immunohistochemical reactions, histological stains.
The practical activity will focused on:
- Histological techniques for processing undecalcified bone tissue with implants
- Histolgical stains, Histochemical and Immunohistochemical reactions
- Observation of histological sections by polarizing light and fluorescence optical microscope
- Digitalization and image analysis.
The didactical material, consisting of scientific publications and experimental protocol, will be provided during the course.