Learning outcomes of the course unit
- To synthetically remind the food products quality requisites: compulsory and regulated (with law references), contractual and voluntary.
- To provide up-to-dated law documentation on the food hygiene and guidelines for the effective GHP prerequisites and HACCP system implementation.
- To exemplify, for a food product, the hazard analysis and the HACCP plan drawing up.
- To use without translation documents in English language.
- Base elements of food chemistry and microbiology.
- Understanding written English.
Course contents summary
- Hygiene and commercial food quality requirements.
- European Food Law.
- GHP, HACCP System, identification and traceability.
- Practical example of HACCP documentation.
- Guideline for the access to information sources on hygiene requisites.
- electronic training aids supplied by the teacher (also comprehending deepening topics not illustrated during lessons), with web links for free downloading cited documents.
Lesson and exercitation
Assessment methods and criteria