The course aims to describe the fundamental characteristics of the functioning of an
organization. Identifies the elements of an organizational system and deepen the
various organizational case. It analyzes the theme of organizational change
because of the constant need to adapt the organization to the changing needs of
the environment and institutional purposes.
The course thus aims to:
- provide an integrated interpretation of organizational processes;
- Understanding organizational behavior;
- elaborate on the topic of organizational design.
Learning goals mentioned above are pursued through learning processes that
include lectures and case discussions.
Course contents summary
Program Course Description:
1. key features of a business organization;
2. human behavior within organizations;
3. The individual actors (preferences, knowledge, perceptions, motivations,decisions);
4. the organizational culture;
5. the power and leadership;
6. groups of people and group dynamics;
7. organizational types;
8. Organization and stakeholders;
9. design the organization;
10. interorganizational networks;
11. organization and governance;
12. organizing for innovation and change.
Jones G.R., 2007, Teoria, progettazione e cambiamento, Milano, Egea (Chapters 1