PARALLEL AND DISTRIBUITED COMPUTING A (UNIT 1)
Advanced knowledge on computer architecture, computer networking and programming
Course contents summary
1. Parallel computer architectures
- programming models
- shared memory
- example of parallel architectures (NUMA arch., CM2)
2. Message passing models
· Introduction to parallel programming
· Programming in a message passing environment.
· Message Passing Interface (MPI): point to point communications, non-blocking operations, parallel data types, virtual topologies, collective communications.
· Introduction to Grid Computing.
· State of the art of Grid technology: OGSA e OGSI, Globus Toolkit.
· Grid Service: concept of Web Service, tools for Web Service development (XML, WSDL, SOAP), Grid Service definition.
· Globus Toolkit: development and installation of a Grid Service (interface definition, development and deploy of the service)
· GSI: Grid and security.
The material (slides, scientific papers) is available on the web-page of the course.