VISUAL FUNCTION HANDICAP REHABILITATION II
Learning outcomes of the course unit
To learn further diseases as cause of low vision in adult and pediatric patients.
To know the legal benefits of people with different levels of low vision, according to the italian law.
Low vision rehabilitation strategies in children aged 0-4 and 4-6 and physiology of reading and writing
Psychological aspects of low vision patients
Clinical and functional evaluation of people with low vision: a practical and interactive approach with patients
What are the new video-based and electronic low vision aids and how they can be used
Course contents summary
PROGRAM Less common retinal diseases as cause of low vision:
- Coats disease, Leber disease ,idiopatic parafoveal teleangectasias, Von Recklinghausen neurofibromatosis, Charles Bonnet syndrome, Laurence-Moon-Biedl syndrome,Usher syndrome, Stargardt disease ,Best vitelliform maculopathy, Leber amaurosis, retinoblastoma.
- Low vision and the law: definitions of low vision,l egal blindness, functional blindness and related legal benefits according to the italian law.
- NCS plasticity
- Low vision in pediatric patients: low vision rehabilitation in children aged 0-4 and aged 4-6.
- phisiology of reading and writing
- psychological approch to low vision patients
- new video-based and electronic low vision aids
- clinical and functional evaluation of people with low vision
- Colembrander, D. C. Fistcher: 'Oftalmologia clinica nel Nord America - Ipovisione e riabilitazione visiva', Verducu Editore;
- Fondazione R. Hollman 'Sight First: l'intervento precoce nei bambini con deficit visivo ', Lions Club Verbania;
-P. B. Freeman, Randal T. Jose: 'The art and practice of low vision',Buttersworth-Hainemann a division of Reed Publishing (USA) Inc.;
- Organ Backman, Krister Inde: 'Riabilitazione visiva del paziente ipovedente', Fabiano Editore;
- Luigi Luparelli: 'Ipovisione: i fondamenti e la pratica', Medical Books.
- Duane's Ophthalmology, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2002
Theorical and practical-interactive lessons