Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will acquire concepts and clinical skills which will enable him to know and critically evaluate clinical conditions requiring emergent therapy and/or intensive care.
At the end of the Course the student should be able to describe nursing assistential strategies aimed at clinical evaluation and care of complex needs and problems of patients requiring hospitalizations in an emergency room or in an intensive care unit.
In particular, the student should be able to:
- recognize and cure complications and harms to vital functions, in the context of his professional duties
- utilize complex technologies in order to monitor and sustain vital function, and to apply diagnostic and therapeutic prescriptions
- take care of patients in the intensive care unit, or people undergoing genral or loco-regional anestesthesia, or people with acute or chronic pain
- improve assistential quality, through the analysis and utilization of scientific evidence (procedures, guidelines, scientific literature etc.)
Course contents summary
Docente Enrico Fiaccadori
- Respiratory and metabolic acidosis
- Acute renal failure and dialysis
- Fluid balance and fluid therapy
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Acute pulmonary edema
- Hypertensive crises
"Il paziente critico. Clinica ed assistenza infermieristica in anestesia e rianimazione."
Paul L. Marino
"Procedure infermieristiche in terapia intensiva"
Topics will be presented as formal lessons