HEARING AIDS IV (INTERNSHIP)
Prosthetic audiometry measurements, of functional gain and auditory disability. Adjustment of prosthetic devices and counselling.
The student must have passed the examinations of the Integrated Course in Audio Prosthetic Techniques I, II and III.
* Epidemiology of infant deafness.
* Classification of infant hypoacusis.
* Transmissive hypoacusis: exudative otitis media, chronic otitis, malformations.
* Neurosensory hypoacusis: general picture.
* Overview of genetics /SPAN>
* Neurosensory hypoacusis of genetic origin
* Neurosensory hypoacusis of acquired origin
* Behavioural audiometry
* Acoustic oto-emissions
* Auditory evoked potentials in the diagnosis of pediatric deafness
* Diagnostic iter in infant deafness
* Auditory screening: general concepts
* Current auditory screening methods
* Neonatal auditory screening
* Auditory screening in schoolchildren
* General details on the Cochlear Implant
* Selection protocol
* Notes on surgical techniques
* Electrophysiological tests during surgery
* Activation and adjustment
Massimo Del Bo - Manuale di Audiologia - Edizioni Masson