Learning outcomes of the course unit
- The student should be able to:
describe, from the legislative point of view, the fundamental stages that have led to the current Health System;
describe the clinical activities and the techniques for working safely in the pediatric and neuropsychiatric rehabilitation environment;
describe the activities and techniques for communicating effectively with children and family members in the pediatric and neuropsychiatric rehabilitation environment.
Course contents summary
- The rights of the sick person
- General principles of care taking and ascertainment of the needs of the person
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of interventions
- Hygiene aspects related to the activity:
- Concepts of: infection, hospital infection, infection acquired in health institutions.
- Frequency and most usually detected types of infection.
- Main micro-organisms identified as being responsible for hospital infections.
- Consequences to the sick person, of the work team, social consequences.
- Legislative provisions concerning the prevention of hospital infections.
Circ. Min. San. (Italian Ministry of Health Circular) 52/1985 - 8/1988- National Health Plan 2006-08
- The spectrum of infection.
- Infection indicators.
- Potentially important variables in the study of infections
- Reservoir control measures
- ? transmission control
- control systems: surveillance concept, laboratory data, patient-oriented data.
- standard precautions and precautions that are supplementary to standards
- occupational risk
-Hygiene of the hands and the use of gloves and barrier devices
- cleaning, disinfection, antiseptics and disinfectants
- general concepts inherent in the main sterilization systems: heat, compressed steam, ethylene oxide
- guidelines for isolation measures
- guidelines for the prevention of surgical infections,
- from the establishment of the SSN (Italian National Health Service) to the reform of D.LGS. (Italian Legislative Decree) 502/92 (notes)
- DL (Italian Decree-Law) 14 September 1994, 743
- Law 26 February 1999, n. 42
- Decree 27.07.00
- Law 10 August 2000, n 251
- D.M. (Italian Ministerial Decree) 29 March 2001
- Decree 2 April 2001
- Deontological code of the orthoptist
- effective communication: influential factors
- communication with the child
- communication with adults
- supportive communication
- empathic ability
- interventions aimed at fostering communication
- assessment of the communication process
- Marzia Canossa’s notes drawn from the Master course in Management with coordination functions in the health work sector of ac. Year 2003/04
- la prevenzione delle infezioni ospedaliere aa.vv. CAROCCI FABER 2004
- le infezioni ospedaliere. Prevenzione e controllo CENTRO SCIENTIFICO, TORINO 1993
- igiene e disinfezione clinica nelle strutture ospedaliere KAPPADUE, MILANO 2002
- IL TRATTATO COMPLETO DEL NURSING
J. Luckmann K.C Sorensen PICCIN ed. 1993 trd 1996
Other teachers of the course: