Learning outcomes of the course unit
Prosthetic auditory rehabilitation of deafness in the adult and the child.
The student must have passed the examinations of the Integrated Course in Audiometry I, II and III.
Course contents summary
* Epidemiology of infant deafness.
* Classification of infant hypoacusis.
* Transmissive hypoacusis: exudative otitis media, chronic otitis, malformations.
* Neurosensory hypoacusis: general picture.
* Overview of genetics!
* Neurosensory hypoacusis of genetic origin
* Neurosensory hypoacusis of acquired origin
* Behavioural audiometry
* Acoustic oto-emissions
* Auditory evoked potentials in the diagnosis of pediatric deafness
* Diagnostic iter in infant deafness
* Auditory screening: general concepts
* Current auditory screening methods
* Neonatal auditory screening
* Auditory screening in schoolchildren
Massimo Del Bo - Manuale di Audiologia - Edizioni Masson