AUDIOLOGY IV (INTERNSHIP)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
to transmit to the student the basic notions on hearing screening
the student must have passed Audiometria I,II and III
Course contents summary
* Epidemiology of infant deafness.
* Classification of infant hypoacusis.
* Transmissive hypoacusis: exudative otitis media, chronic otitis, malformations.
* Neurosensory hypoacusis: general picture.
* Overview of genetics
* Neurosensory hypoacusis of genetic origin
* Neurosensory hypoacusis of acquired origin
* Behavioural audiometry
* Acoustic oto-emissions
* Auditory evoked potentials in the diagnosis of pediatric deafness
* Diagnostic iter in infant deafness
* Auditory screening: general concepts
* Current auditory screening methods
* Neonatal auditory screening
* Auditory screening in schoolchildren
* General details on the Cochlear Implant
* Selection protocol
* Notes on surgical techniques
* Electrophysiological tests during surgery
* Activation and adjustment
manuale di Audiologia Del Bo, Giaccai, Grisanti