CLINICAL NURSING IN MEDICINE AND GENERAL SURGERY
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course is designed to provide students with knowledge regarding the responsibilities of the nurse in administering drugs. Care to blood transfused patients. Care to patients undergoing surgery. Care to burned patients.
Provide knowledge on diet therapy in the diseases of greatest interest.
The course is designed to provide the professional tools required to establish a correct relationship with patients and comparisons between theory and experience.
Students must have knowledge of the following subjects: chemistry biochemistry mathematics
Course contents summary
Professional profile, drug dosage calculation, applied pharmacotherapy, rules for the correct preservation of drugs. Administration of drugs in general and antiblastic drugs. Purposes and indications for transfusion, responsibility of the nurse in administering hemoderivatives, reactions to transfusion. Nursing care process in the pre- and post-operative phases. Diagnostic investigations: nursing competencies. Definition and classification of burns. Risk factors and treatment of patients suffering from laryngeal neoplasia.
Nutrients and food-products, LARN (Recommended Dietary Allowance) guidelines Diet therapy in digestive system diseases. Metabolic syndromes: diet treatment. Diet therapy: 1st type and 2nd type diabetes, dyslipidemia, hypertension, chronic renal insufficiency. Malnutrition: assessment.
Definition of pedagogy. The “rules” of therapeutic communication (difficult patients); the student should be able to explain the various “rules” and select three to five of them relating to his/her own personal experience. The pedagogic relationship.
1) Quaderno del Nursing di Base autori: Agnelli Chiari Canossa Corazza Dall'Ovo Pongolini Ed. Nettuno
2) Il trattato completo del Nursing. Authors: Luckmann Sorensen's Ed. Piccin
3) Principi fondamentali dell'assistenza infermieristica.Autori: R.F.Crafen J. Hirnle. Ed. Ambrosiana
4) Photocopied material provided by the professor
1) Il paziente difficile Joy Duxbiry
2) Psicologia per la salute Silvia Bonino
3) Photocopied material provided by the professor
1) Elementi di dietologia e dietoterapia "Istituto Scotti Bassani"
2) Dietoterapia e nutrizione clinica. Author: Eugenio Del Tom a
3) Manuale di nutrizione applicata. Authors: Riccardi Pacioni Rivellese
Interactive classroom lectures with the use of audiovisual aids.
Assessment: written and oral exam on the basis of the exam schedule