OBSTETRIC-GYNECOLOGICAL NURSING SCIENCES
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student must know the rudiments for basic obstetric care practice in mother-child care according to the principles of scientific problem solving applied to the profession of midwife, according to the principles of Midwifery and applying the provisions of Italian Ministerial Decree DM 740/94.
The student must have acquired competence in understanding physiopathological phenomena, and must also have acquired basic caring skills. When giving obstetric care, he/she must be able to apply the concept of globality during both the diagnostic phase and the therapeutic phase. The student must approach the team work method when working in a hospital and non-hospital environment.
mandatory preparatory instruction: this must be passed before the Integrated "Obstetrics, general hygiene and history of obstetrics" Course and before the Integrated "Microbiology and general pathology" Course.
Course contents summary
1. History of Obstetrics
2. E volution of the professional midwife
3. Pregnancy and childbirth in the past
4. The hospital and its services
5. Skills and responsibilities of the midwife
6. Women's health and well-being
7. Counselling in the profession
8. Basic obstetric care
* Ginecologia e Ostetricia, volume 1 and 2,G.Pescetto,L. De Cecco
* L'assistenza infermieristica di base, L.Juchli, ed. Rosini
* Assistenza infermieristica clinica, volume 1 and 2, P.A.Potter, ed.Utet
* Atlante di Anatomia umana, F.Netter, ed.Masson