PHARMACOLOGY UNIT A
Learning outcomes of the course unit
To provide fundamental knowledge and understanding of the mechanisms of drug action with special attention to biotechnology-derived pharmaceuticals
Course contents summary
- Principles of drug action.
- Classes of receptors and mechanisms of modulation of receptor-mediated responses.
- Quantitation of drug-receptor interactions and elicited response.
- Pharmacology of gene transcription.
- Examples of biotechnology-derived drugs (enzymes, hormones, cytokines, monoclonal antibodies).
F. Clementi, G. Fumagalli “Farmacologia generale e molecolare” Terza edizione, UTET, Torino (2004).