ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT OF COOPERATIVES
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
COURSE CONTENTS SUMMARY
The educational goal is to provide Education Degree students with analysis tools for understanding the importance and the natures of business cooperatives in the Italian economic system.
Course contents satisfy the need to provide information about different aspects of business cooperatives. Theoretical aspects will be supplemented by case studies presented by witnesses for each subject.
The program, decidedly interdisciplinary in nature will develop the following contents:
1) Cooperative history;
2) Regulations for cooperation and cooperative work;
3) Cooperative business finance, bank cooperatives, insurance cooperatives;
4) Accounting and the company financial statements of business cooperatives;
5) Business cooperative marketing in commercial distribution;
6) Economy and management of business cooperatives.
The subjects indicated above will be presented by the following professors:
5) Luceri e Lugli;
Learning materials related to the theoretical aspects will be given for each subject group.
The course is organized in an intensive format (10 lecture days). Each day will have 6 lecture hours: in the morning (9-13) theoretical aspects will be developed, while in the afternoon (14-16) the witness will present the case study together with the teacher. The 10 lecture days will be scheduled over the two quarters of the first semester on a weekly basis.
The examination will consist of a written test.