RELIABILITY OF ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND SYSTEMS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
This module aims at giving to the student the main instruments to deal with problems concerning reliability of electronic devices and systems. Notions of quality improvement and statistical process control will be also provided.
Course contents summary
- basic descriptive statistics and reliability concepts
- methods to predict and assure reliability
- the reliability of electronic systems
- the reliability of electronic devices
- techniques to improve reliability
- the reliability tests
- accelereted testing theory
- examples of failure modes, failure mechanisms and failure analysis of electronic components
Statistical Quality Control:
- process control techniques
- Control charts
P. D. T. O'Connor, Practical Reliability Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, 1992
P.A. Tobias, D. Trindade, Applied Reliability, Van Nostrand Reinholds, 1986
D.C. Montgomery, Controllo statistico della qualita', McGraw-Hill, 2000
G. Mattana, Qualità, Affidabilità, Certificazione, Franco Angeli, 1988.
J.C.Cluley, Electronic Equipment Reliability, Macmillan Publishing Company, 1981
Mitra, Fundamentals of Quality Control and Improvement, Macmillan Publishing Company, New York, 1993
E. Pollino (ed.), Microelectronic Reliability, Vol. II, Artech House, Norwood, 1989
K. Ishikawa, Guida al Controllo Qualità, Franco Angeli, 1990.