COMPUTER ASSISTED DESIGN
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The objective of the Computer-Aided Design course is to provide fundamental knowledge on technology and IT systems used in mechanical engineering design.
Course contents summary
- Physical objects, models and representation
- Geometrical modelling of mechanical parts (solids, curves, surfaces)
- Development of approaches to modelling: geometry-based, knowledge-based, physically-based
- Architecture of CAD systems
- Overview and examples of CAD systems in mechanical engineering
- Rapid prototyping technology
- Introduction to Concurrent Engineering
- The automation of mechanical engineering design by means of basic IT tools
During their laboratory exercises, students will develop a number of solid models using CAD systems.