SOCIAL PEDAGOGY - UNIT A
Learning outcomes of the course unit
By the end of the course students will be familiar with the main themes of social education, placing them within the theoretical frameworks of contemporary approaches and applying them to professional contexts in extracurricular education.
Course contents summary
The course explores the theme of educational needs expressed in social communities, especially those connected to cultural changes and the current polycentric conformation of the education system. Particular attention will be given to issues and operating possibilities in the education of pre-adolescents and adolescents in local services (youth centres, recreation centres, sport groups, associations, museums, etc.).
Students will be required to discuss three texts at the exam.
• S. TRAMMA, Pedagogia sociale, Milano, Guerini, 1999.
• A. BOBBIO - C. SCURATI (edited by), Ricerca pedagogica e innovazione educativa, Roma, Armando, 2008 (excluding chapter 11).
A text to be chosen from the following (which set out to present a number of professional fields outside school education):
• E. DALLE CARBONARE – E. GHITTONI – S. ROSSON, Peer educator. Istruzioni per l'uso, Milano, FrancoAngeli, 2004.
• M. FALCHI, Una ludoteca a misura di bambino, Brescia, La Scuola, 2004.
• C. SITÀ, Il sostegno alla genitorialità: analisi di modelli di intervento e prospettive educative, Brescia, La Scuola, 2005
(chapter 3 and the Appendix may be simply read and therefore will not be dealt with by the exam).