Learning outcomes of the course unit
Aim of the course is to provide basic knowledge needed for the design of R.C. and steel structures.
Scienze delle costruzioni I
Laboratorio di costruzione I
Course contents summary
11. Structural schematisation of buildings and loading evaluation.
1.1 Structural typologies and static schemes for steel, reinforced concrete and masonry buildings.
1.2 Death loads of structural elements, permanent actions and variable actions.
2. The evaluation of seismic action.
3. Structural behaviour under horizontal actions.
2.1 Frame systems.
2.2 Ductile wall systems.
4. Basis of design and safety verifications: limitation of stresses, serviceability and ultimate limit state verifications.
5. Statically indeterminate structures: the evaluation of stresses, strains and deflections.
5.1 The force method.
5.2 The displacement method.
6. Design of reinforced concrete structures
6.1 Mechanical properties of materials.
6.2 Design of members subjected to axial load.
6.3 Detailing of reinforcement.
6.4 Design of members subjected to flexure.
6.5 Design of members subjected to shear.
6.6 Design of staircases.
6.8 Reinforced Concrete foundations.
7 Design of steel structures.
7.1 Structural elements for steel buildings.
7.2 Mechanical properties of materials.
7.3 Geometrical second order effects and stability curves.
7.4 Design of welded and bolted joints.
7.5 Foundation of steel structures.
A. Migliacci. “L’architettura dell’equilibrio e della deformazione”, Masson
A. Migliacci. “Progetti di strutture”. Masson
G. Ballio, F.M. Mazzolani. “Strutture in acciaio” ISEDI, Mondadori Editore.
The course is complete with application examples and theory application exercises.
Written and oral