TRAINING FOOD INSPECTION
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The goal of the training course “Inspection and control of food of animal origin products” is to provide students with the most up-to-date knowledge of the legal and professional aspects of food inspection. This is done through interdisciplinary seminars.
In addition, attending bodies in agreements with the Faculty, is planned to give to the students the opportunity to acquire experience outside the University and to come into direct contact with the various practicing veterinary services and Institutes belonging to this sector.
Course contents summary
The training course “Inspection and control of food products of animal origin” is developed in a theoretical part during which, through seminars, the legal and technical aspects of inspection are covered:
- EC Reg. No. 178/2002 and adms,
- EC Reg. Nos. 852-853-854/2004 and adms(the “Hygiene Package”)
- Reg.1169/2011 and adms(Labelling and traceability of food products)
- Administrative and sanctions system during the practical part of the internship, Students attend the facilities of some bodies with special agreements with the faculty, such as:
- Veterinary districts of the National Health Service (ASL)
- Istituti Zooprofilattici
Texts and reference material are provided at seminars.
Legislation update on: sostanzealimentari.it
Oral and practical lessons
Assessment methods and criteria