ELEMENTS OF PEDAGOGY, SPECIAL PEDAGOGY AND DIDACTICS OF INCLUSION IN THE SECONDARY SCHOOL (PREFIT - AREA A)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to:
1) know the main foundations of pedagogy and history of the educational processes and of the educational institutions
2) know the main theories and models of basic interpretation of educational relationships
3) to know the main historical, theoretical, epistemological and methodological-procedural bases of pedagogical research, with particular reference to action research.
4) know some strategies for the development of teaching, with reference to the main ways of organizing teaching activities
5) know the main theories and the main models of planning and monitoring of teaching-learning processes
6) know the main perspectives of pedagogical and didactic research on disability and special educational needs, including specific learning disorders and the most relevant intervention models for inclusive education
No prerequisite is required.
Course contents summary
The course, divided into six different parts, will provide the minimum content of knowledge necessary for access to the competition for secondary school teachers on the basic scientific foundations of general pedagogy, intercultural and inclusion (consistently with the training objectives referred to in Article 2, paragraph 4 of Ministerial Decree 616/2017):
a) Foundations of general pedagogy, of history of educational processes and of educational institutions, with particular reference to the processes of teaching / learning and sharing knowledge.
b) Introduction to the study of the theoretical, epistemological and methodological-procedural bases of pedagogical, theoretical and empirical research, national and international.
c) Analysis of the relationship between training processes, education, education and learning in the perspective of an inclusive pedagogy.
d) Interdependencies between processes and objects of knowledge.
e) Theories and models of interpretation of the educational relationship in inclusive scholastic contexts and with reference to all the protagonists of the educational and training network.
f) Analysis of models and educational strategies for the development of an intercultural school.
g) Theories and models related to the design, monitoring and evaluation in school contexts and teaching-learning processes, with particular attention to the evaluation and self-evaluation devices of the teacher's and teacher's education and the training processes of female students and of secondary school students.
h) The school as a learning environment: analysis of the educational and training needs of adolescents and young people in society, in educational organizations and in formal training agencies, non-formal and informal in relation also to the impact on educational activities related to cultural changes and lifestyles of adolescents and young people and the implications of social and intercultural phenomena in school settings.
i) Analysis of educational dynamics in family contexts, especially with reference to the school-family-territory relationship.
j) Analysis and pedagogical management of situations of bullying, cyberbullying and homophobia and to the dynamics of discrimination, to new forms of dependence and to the different juvenile problems.
k) Environmental education, education for sustainable development and international cooperation
l) The main perspectives of pedagogical and didactic research on disability and special educational needs, including specific learning disorders.
m) The pedagogical-didactic dimensions of the phenomena of dispersion and scholastic abandonment.
n) The main theories for the evaluation of learning and training processes.
o) Strategies for the development of teaching with reference to the main collaborative forms and cooperatives for organizing teaching activities.
The exam will be about:
• all the materials and documents available on Elly Scuola 2021
• Castoldi M., Chiosso G., Quale futuro per l'istruzione? Pedagogia e didattica per la scuola, Mondadori, Milano, 2017.
The course includes both lectures and blended teaching methods, according to the directions given by the University.
Assessment methods and criteria
The path includes a summative assessment, at the end of the course, aimed at expressing an evaluation on a scale of 0/30 with regard to the final achievement of the training objectives by the participants. The written test consists of a closed questionnaire. The test passed with a score equal to or above 18/30 will be considered.