IMMUNOEMATOLOGICAL INDICATIONS TECHNIQUES
Learning outcomes of the course unit
This module aims to provide students with the theoretical knowledge necessary for the understanding and subsequent practical application carried out during the course of professional training in immunohaematological and transfusion fields.
Course contents summary
Inside the module will be presented and analyzed the main laboratory techniques used in a Laboratory of Immunohaematology and Transfusion Medicine carried out both on the donor and on the recipient. The techniques for the preparation of blood components and blood products will also be presented. The entire transfusion path will be analyzed from the moment of donation to the transfusion in terms of quality and safety of the process and the skills and specificities required for a TLB in this specific area will be analyzed.
Practical introduction to the transfusion path: from donation to transfusion
- Techniques for separating the first and second level blood components and their treatments (filtration, irradiation, washing, etc.)
- Blood group and Rh factor research
- Immunohaematological and immunoenzymatic techniques
- Research techniques of the main viral pathologies transmissible by blood (serology and NAT)
- methods of control of bacterial contamination.
- Immunohematology and transfusion "II Edition PICCIN"
- Technical Manual of the American Assoc. of Blood Banks (15th edition)
The topics indicated in the program will be presented and discussed during lectures
in which IT and audiovisual media will be used. The teaching method is participatory and includes moments of discussion and active reflection.
Assessment methods and criteria
the verification of learning includes an oral exam.
By asking questions regarding the topics in the program, the level of achievement of the objective will be ascertained and the appropriateness of the terminology, the clarity of the exposition, the capacity for reasoning and reflection will be evaluated.