The course is aimed at students interested in learning the basics of the construction and analysis of surfaces and three-dimensional models, starting from precise, two-dimensional and three-dimensional information, using specific commercial software and tools.
Basic knowledgement of Windows commands and GIS
Course contents summary
-build a three-dimensional geological model based on the data available;
- Basic principles of photogrammetry using APR.
- Reproduce the natural structures on the scale of the analog laboratory;
- Analyze the geometry and the kinematics of the natural structures and build the related three-dimensional geological model using specific software.
- Building a 3d model of surface using photogrammetry data
1. Introduction to the meaning and methods of construction of geological surfaces and their assembly in three-dimensional models, starting from point or two-dimensional data.
2. Aerial photogrammetry using APR.
3. UAV mission planning, survey and image processing with point cloud return.
4. Examples of analog modeling experiments with results analysis
5. Return of the surfaces of the experiments and construction of the three-dimensional geological models using the MOVE (Petroleum Expert) software
Tutorial Move 2019-1
6 credits, 48 hours, frontal lessons, lab and field experience
Assessment methods and criteria
Final exam, which ascertains the acquisition of knowledge and skills (i.e., the acquisition of
learning outcomes) by conducting a practical test lasting 2.0 hours without the use of
notes or books. The evaluation of learning is carried out through a practical test consisting in the elaboration of a project and / or the answering to.