The course has the following objectives:
- to provide basic knowledge on the topics of mechanics, thermodynamics and electric phenomena;
- to build a suitable language for the description of physical phenomena
Course contents summary
Physical quantities and physical measurement.
Mechanics of point masses and rigid bodies.
Mechanics of fluids.
Thermology and thermodynamics.
Electrical forces and electrical circuits.
• Measurements and measurement errors
• Vector quantities and vector calculus
• Kinematics of the point
• Dynamics of point masses
• Conservation principles
• Static of rigid body
• Dynamics of rigid body
• Fluid static and dynamics
• Principles of thermodynamics
• Specific heat and latent heat
• Phase transitions
• Physical properties of materials
• Electrical circuits in direct current
• Joule effect
Halliday-Resnick-Walker, “Fondamenti di fisica”, CEA, 2006
The topics are presented in the lectures with blackboard explanations and power point presentations.
Assessment methods and criteria
Written test with multiple choice quiz:
The examination lasts one hour and consists of 11 questions with 4 possible answers; in the evaluation, 3 points are assigned to each correct answer and -1 to each wrong answer.
30 cum laude is 33 points.