- Know the crucial principles for environmental education.
- Know the main methods for environmental education.
- Reflect critically on environmental education practices.
- Learn to plan environmental education courses in a pedagogical and interdisciplinary perspective.
Skills in teaching methods.
Course contents summary
- Italian pedagogy and environmental education: theoretical review and main debated issues.
- Methods for environmental education.
- Services for children and the relationship with the environment.
- Non-formal socio-educational services and environmental education.
- Examples of educational and didactic practices.
The compulsory textbooks will be communicated later.
- Frontal lesson.
- Active lesson.
- Working groups.
- Lessons of experts.
- Possible field trips.
- Elaboration of a project work.
In consideration of the current health emergency, adequate teaching delivery measures will be adopted to allow the participation of all students which obviously include dedicated technological supports.
Assessment methods and criteria
The assessment will be done through a oral exam with open questions and presentation of the project work.