Learning outcomes of the course unit
The Integrated Course of Physical Sciences aims to allow the students to achieve the following goals, better specified in the description of each Module:
1) knowledge and understanding of basic physics principles underlying phenomena that will be studied in other Courses (such as Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Physiology, etc.), or that ar fundamental for several major technologies increasingly used in medicine (such as centrifuges, endoscopes, microscopes, transducers for ultrasound equipment, laser systems, radiology equipment and NMR, radiation detectors, etc.).
2) To develope the attitude of the student for individual study and continuing education on the application of physical techniques to diagnosis and therapy in medicine.
3) Knowledge of the regulation on safety and risk prevention for public health environment workers such as employers, managers and operators. Identification of risk factors for chemical, physical, biological and behavioural agents.
Course contents summary
The Integrated Course of Physical Sciences comprises 2 Modules: Physics Applied to Medicine, and Regulation and Standards of Safety in the Study and Work Environment.
The Contents are specified in the description of single Modules.
See the Programmes of single Modules.
PHYSICS APPLIED TO MEDICINE:
1) Classroom notes.
2) Bersani, Bettati, Biagi, Capozzi, Feroci, Lepore, Mita, Ortalli, Roberti, Viglino, Vitturi: Fisica biomedica, Ed. Piccin Nuova Libraria (Padova).
3) Scannicchio: Fisica Biomedica, Ed. EdiSES (Napoli).
4) Celasco: Lineamenti di Fisica Medica, Ed. E.C.I.G. (Genova).
REGULATION AND STANDARDS OF SAFETY IN THE STUDY AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1) Dec. Leg.vo 81/2008 and further modifications.
2) L. Alessio, P. Apostoli: Manuale di Medicina del Lavoro e Igiene Industriale, Piccin Editor, 2009.
3) V. Foà, L. Ambrosi: Medicina del Lavoro, Utet, second edition, 2003.
Pictures presented during the course will be available at the Segreteria di Medicina del Lavoro.
The course will be held through lectures to Students either in the classroom (“in presenza”) or in synchronous-streaming (“in telepresenza”) on the Teams platform. Therefore, the opportunity of Student/Teacher interaction will be preserved both face to face and remotely, by the simultaneous use of the Teams platform.
Lectures will be supported by slide presentations, which will be available to students on the Elly platform (https://elly2020.medicina.unipr.it/).
The topics contained in the Program of each Module will be illustrated and discussed during classroom lectures. Emphasys will be posed on the applications in biology and medicine of basic physics principles.
Assessment methods and criteria
For Physics Applied to Medicine, the assessment of the achievement of the objectives will exploit a one-hour written test, mainly consisting of open questions about the arguments treated in classes. In this way, it will be possible to assess the
student’s knowledge and understanding of both theory and practice principles, and their application in medical and biological field through the use of current examples.
The written exam will include the resolution of problems, to assess the
achievement of the ability to apply the acquired knowledge to a
simulated, though realistic situation.
As for the Module of Regulation and Standards of Safety in the Study and Work Environments, the achievement of the objectives will be assessed through a written test in the form of multiple choice questions.
The global evaluation, in thirtieths. will only consider the results of the module of Physics Applied to Medicine.
In case of the persistence of the health emergency, the exams will be conducted remotely, as follows:
structured written test conducted remotely (by Teams and Elly). The test consists of 30 multiple choice questions on the course contents (reference texts + documents uploaded to Elly during the course). There is no penalty for incorrect answers.
The final mark, reported directly on Esse3, will correspond to the arithmetic average of the assessments obtained in the written test.
Students with SLD / BSE must first contact Le Eli-che: support for students with disabilities, D.S.A., B.E.S. (https://sea.unipr.it/it/servizi/le-eli-che-supporto-studenti-con-disabil...).