COMMUNICATION AND DIGITAL MARKETING
Learning outcomes of the course unit
This course aims to provide students the basics of the communication strategies through online and offline channels development. Through the
discussion of case studies, group works and business testimonials, the course will ensure the fundamental knowledge acquisition.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- understand, and explain the marketing communication processes, dynamics and means as well as the changes occurred in the interaction
and communication between business and consumer following the digital revolution;
- apply the principles and phases of marketing communication planning to concrete business situations;
- identify the most appropriate key performance indices according to the measurement objectives of each specific communication activity;
- attend an interview with companies or professionals on issues related to offline and online communication.
No formal propedeuticity is required
Course contents summary
The course aims to introduce students to the marketing communication process. In particular, main course topics are:
- marketing communication
- semiotics and communication models
- traditional and digital media
- online communication and digital marketing
- social media marketing
- data discovering and performance measurement.
The study material will be indicated by the teacher as soon as possible.
Please monitor the syllabus in the weeks leading up to the start of the lessons for any updates.
Lessons will be in presence, in compliance with safety standards and following the official class schedule. During the lessons, frontal teaching moments will alternate with interactive moments with the students.
In case of health emergency, lessons will be held remotely: synchronous (via Teams) and asynchronous (videotaped lessons uploaded on the Elly page of the course).
Some audio-video materials will be made available weekly on the Elly platform. Materials will stay online for 7 days.
The Course will combine different teaching tools:
- Acquisition of knowledge: lectures and business testimonials
- Acquisition of the ability to apply the analysis methodologies and of the autonomy of judgment: analysis and discussion of case studies, exercises and group work aimed at applying the theoretical knowledge acquired during the lessons to practical problems.
- Acquisition of learning skills: Lessons will favor students' participation and critical evaluation of the main topics discussed.
The teacher is available for explanations regarding the lessons.
Assessment methods and criteria
Assessment will be in presence through a writing exam with open questions. The exam will last 30/45 minutes and will be in English. The test will be in written form with open-ended questions and will be evaluated with a score from 0 to 15 (to be added to the vote of the Mod. Marketing Metrics).
In case of health emergency, the assessment will take place in electronic mode (via Teams and Elly platforms).
If project works are carried out during the course, their evaluation will contribute to the definition of the final judgment.
The final results are published on the Esse3 portal.
The honors will be awarded to those students who obtain the full evaluation and demonstrate an appreciable systematic knowledge of the topic, an excellent ability to apply the knowledge acquired to specific problem in question, and a considerable autonomy of judgment.