The objectives of this course can be summarized as folows:
1. Learning the main regulative framework for Environmental and Strategic Impact Assessment;
2. Learnng the main technical tools for impact assessment and synthesis;
3. Formalizing appropriate questions inherent a given procedure and the related technical and political issues. Learning to compile EIA and SEA reports;
4. Recognizing that environmntal assessment is inherently dialectical and becomeing familiar with conflict-negotiation dynamics.
Course contents summary
The course is made of three parts:
1. the first part provides the necessary information concerning the enforced legislation about EIA and SEA:
2. the second offers tools and techinques for impact assessment and synthesis;
3. the final part is acase study.
1. Environmental assessment as tool for promoting sustainbility and social product. 2. Presently enforced legislation on Environmental Assesment: the decree 152.
3. Techincal specifications for delivering environmental reports.
4. Methds for impact assessment: models and applications.
5. Tools for synthesizing and communncting the impacts:matrices and networks.
6. A case study
Valutazioni Ambientali VIA, VAS, VIncA
Bodini A., Bondavalli C., Allesina S.
L'ecosistema e le sue relazioni. Iddee e strumentoi per la Valutazione di Impatto Ambientale e di Incidenza
Lectures offered in combinarions with groups exercises in which fundamental concepts of the disciplines are understodd through the analysis of a case study.
During the Academic Year 2020-2021 lectures wil be offered in the classroom with the possibility to access them on line with a straming mood. Inteactions will be made possible by organizing study groups when needed. Didactical material will be entirely uploaded on Elly platoform.
Assessment methods and criteria
Oral examinations. Depending on the conditions imposed by the Covid energence theuy could be either in the classroom or using an on-line platiform (Teams)
The case study may change from one year to the next as it is selcted among the cases that are mostly debated either at local or national level.