Learning outcomes of the course unit
The purpose of the course is the achievement of the following formative aims :
- Developing the knowledge of labout law;
- Achieving a wide capacity of comprehension of how the company economic organization can influence the working relationship;
- Being able to use her/his own knowledge in order to define the criteria to solve judicial or extra judicial claim;
- Achieving the basis knowledge for a theoretical – dogmatic analysis of the law system necessary for the research and developing of didactic activity.Being able to read and interpret critically the topics discussed.Achieving the ability to express themselves with clear and correct vocabulary and demonstrate a good command of the technical-legal language related to the subject matter
Course contents summary
The lessons highlight the effects of new technologies and different forms of organization between companies on working relationships.
The main issues are as follows:
- Employment relationship and its qualification.
- Self-employment relationship.
- From project work to heterorganized collaborations.
- Employment relationships through digital platforms
- Production decentralization: agency work, contract and transfer of the undertakings.
- Employer’s identification in groups of companies: co-ownership
- The so-called “Enterprise networks” and employment relationships.
- Employer’s powers and duties
- Employees’ control and digital tools
- Remote work: homeworkers, teleworking and smartworking.
- The employment relationship in production and labor cooperatives
The teaching material (slides, articles and sentences) will be uploaded by the teacher on a weekly basis on the elly platform
The course consists of frontal lessons and practical-theoretical cutting exercises with active involvement of students.
During the didactic activity, the peculiarities of each institute will be point out and the general issues connected to their practical application and to trends case law will be discussed.During practical exercises, students, subdivided into working groups, will be guided in the analysis and discussion of case lawThe didactic material used during lessons and exercises (slides and judgments) will be uploaded on the elly platform weekly
Assessment methods and criteria
The final exam consists in a oral test based on rather three different questions in order to verify:
- The knowledge and the comprehension of the contests of the course;
- The knowledge of the doctrinal and case law matters;
- The capability of solving concrete cases.The use of an appropriate technical and legal languageSufficient will be achieved when the student has shown knowledge, understanding of the institutes and the ability to apply theoretical knowledge to concrete cases.For the only attending students there is a chance to take the exam through a written test in the manner that will be announced during the lessons.
This test will be carried out at the end of the educational period.Students who are not satisfied with the grade will be able to choose to complete the written test with an oral interview. The final vote will be determined by the weighted average of the votes.