LOGOPEDY IN LANGUAGE DISORDERS IN PEDIATRIC AGE
Learning outcomes of the course unit
At the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Understand the meaning of human communication and the importance of recognizing the rights and needs of the person with serious communication difficulties.
- Understand and explain the principles underlying an AAC intervention: advantages and complexity.
- Recognize the communication needs of pediatric and adult subjects with different motor and communication disabilities.
- Knowing the strategies, tools and technologies to support AAC, knowing how to compare and analyze them in a critical way in relation to different clinical cases.
- Plan a course of evaluation and treatment in AAC.
- Use a specific language that enables him to interact with other professionals.
Course contents summary
This teaching module aims to provide the necessary knowledge to carry out an Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) project for people with developmental disabilities and acquired disabilities. The course transmits knowledge of the theoretical elements of reference, of the evaluation methodology and of the learning and communication strategies.
“Manuale di Comunicazione Aumentativa e Alternativa- Interventi per bambini e adulti con complessi bisogni comunicativi” David R., Beukelman e Pat Mirenda. Edizione italiana a cura di Aurelia Rivarola, Gabriella Veruggio e Emanuela Maggioni. Ed.Erickson
“La Comunicazione Aumentativa Alternativa tra pensiero e parola- Le possibilità di recupero comunicativo nell’ambito delle disabilità verbali e cognitive” Maria Luisa Gava. Ed. FrancoAngeli
“Disabilità cognitivo-linguistica e comunicazione aumentativa alternativa” Irene Sartori. Ed. FrancoAngeli
“Immagini per parlare - Percorsi di comunicazione aumentativa alternativa per persone con disturbi autistici” Paola Visconti, Marcella Peroni, Francesca Ciceri. Vannini Editrice
Articoli scientifici sull’argomento.
Sito internet www.isaacitaly.it
Lectures will be held on-site in compliance with safety standards, provided that further instructions on the ongoing health emergency are not implemented. Supporting material will be available on the specific, student-reserved platform (Elly) and will include slide presentations, audio-video aids or video-recording of the lectures. Active learning will be supported by dialogical comparison on clinical cases described or presented through video projection: the discussion, supported by individual insights and reflections and / or small group activities, will lead to the drafting of the rehabilitation project, starting from a shared evaluation with the class.
Assessment methods and criteria
Final exam will be a written test on-site in compliance with safety standards. In case of further instructions on the ongoing health emergency, the exams will be oral in videoconference, with other teachers. The judgment will evaluate the quality and level of knowledge and understanding of the course contents and the ability to apply the knowledge acquired to professional practice. The judgment will also evaluate the quality of participation in the lectures of the student.