Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course aims to enable students to know and understand basic information on the anatomo-physiology of the auditory and vestibular apparatus, also in order to allow students to use these knowledge and understanding in identifying the patient's problems related to the condition of a person suffering from a disease and to prepare an appropriate care plan
The students at the end of the course will demonstrate knowledge and understanding about:
- the outer, middle and inner ear anatomy
- the temporal bone and facial nerve anatomy
- the liminal tonal audiometry
- the supraliminal audiometry
- the impedance
audioprotesi I exam
Course contents summary
The lessons cover topics such as the outer, middle and inner ear anatomy, the temporal bone and facial nerve anatomy, the liminal tonal audiometry, the supraliminal audiometry and the impedance.
- Anatomy and physiology of the auditory and vestibular apparatus
- Anatomy of the external ear
- Anatomy of the middle ear
- Anatomy of the inner ear
- Central acoustic pathways of the auditory areas
- Function of the middle ear
- Cochlear dynamics
- Cochlear electrical potentials
- Anatomy and physiology of the vestibular apparatus
- M. Del Bo, F.Giaccai, G. Grisanti, MANUALE DI AUDIOLOGIA, Masson Italia Editori
- Lecture notes
The course will be held through lectures to Students either in the classroom (“in presenza”) or in synchronous-streaming (“in telepresenza”) on the Teams platform. Therefore, the opportunity of Student/Teacher interaction will be preserved both face to face and remotely, by the simultaneous use of the Teams platform.
Lectures will be supported by slide presentations, which will be available to students on the Elly platform (https://elly2020.medicina.unipr.it/).
Assessment methods and criteria
The achievement of the goals of the course is verified by an oral exam.
Answering questions about the contents of the course, the student will demonstrate whether he/she has achieved the goals of knowledge and understanding of the contents and the ability to apply the acquired knowledge.In case of the persistence of the health emergency, the exams will be conducted remotely, as follows:
remote oral questions, through the Teams platform (guide http://selma.unipr.it/).
Students with SLD / BSE must first contact Le Eli-che: support for students with disabilities, D.S.A., B.E.S. (https://sea.unipr.it/it/servizi/le-eli-che-supporto-studenti-con-disabil...)