Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course of Demoetnoanthropology has the goal of
- To deepen themes such as dialogue, listening, relationship, recognition and respect in order to identify and describe the problems present in the relationships established with people belonging to different cultures, allowing the student to be able to use existing skills in practice nursing services.
Nothing else to report
Course contents summary
Elements that characterize contemporary society. The socio-cultural scenario.
- The migratory phenomenon.
- Existential skills as a way to approach, recognize the needs of the other.
- Elements of methodology of phenomenological research.
The student at the end of the course, using the knowledge must demonstrate knowledge and understanding about:
- the migratory phenomenon as an element characterizing contemporary society the problems related to misunderstandings that may arise in the relationship with the other
- The common path that links anthropology to nursing.
Furthermore, by applying the acquired knowledge and understanding, the student must be able, also collaborating with other professionals, to
- help develop and experiment with intercultural skills.
- identify problems related to the difficulty of linguistic and cultural communication and find possible solutions.
- exercise active listening.
Masera G., Dal rispetto al riconoscimento attraverso il dialogo e la cura, edizioni Il pensiero scientifico, Roma , 2006.
Lipson J., Desantis L., Current Approaches to Integrating Elements of Cultural Competence in Nursing Education, Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 2007 vol.18.
Masera G., Parole e gesti di cura, Effatà, Torino, 2017
Lectures with the support of audiovisuals and small group exercises on the proposed themes.
Assessment methods and criteria
The assessment of the achievement of the objectives set by the course includes an oral exam.
Nothing to report.