• To know the most relevant foodborne pathogens potentially present in food-related premises.
• To identify the main events happening during the development of a sessile bacterial community.
• To remember the major techniques used in the laboratory to detect and study the abovementioned structures.
• To know the most commonly used sanitisation regimes and their associated risks.
• To stimulate the students’ critical analysis and thinking based on the various topics covered.
• Alternate frontal and dialectic lectures via case study discussion within the classroom.
• Slide presentations and additional lecture material will be regularly uploaded to Elly platform