Work and Organizational Psychology and Management
Learning outcomes of the course unit
With the certificate of adequacy, students:
1. Knowledge and understanding: possess knowledge on theories related to the behavior of individuals and groups in organizations, and methodologies concerning human resources analysis and development interventions and organizations' diagnosis interventions.
2. Applying knowledge and understanding: can apply knowledge in professional and work contexts and, particularly, in managerial roles and roles related to the management and development of human resources in organizations.
3. Making judgements: are able to analyze cases and problems related to the functioning of individuals and groups in organizations and to prepare interventions related to the diagnosis and development of human resources and organizations.
4. Communication skills: can communicate effectively with one's interlocutors in organizational contexts and use adequate models of relationship that allow understanding interpersonal and group situations.
5. Learning skills: show openness towards the deepening of new knowledge related to to the changes that today characterize organizations and willingness to continuous learning process of the current working world.
Course contents summary
The course aims to deepen the study of the behavior of individuals and functioning of work groups in organizations, and analyze the aspects that allow to examine organizational dynamics and quality of human resources.
The Laboratory aims to investigate the following aspects related to the behavior of individuals and groups in organizations: leadership and functioning of work groups; communication; socialization processes; climate and organizational culture; motivation and psychological contract; the quality of human resources; competence, personnel selection process, performance and their analysis and evaluation.
Interactive lessons that require the active participation of students: practical exercises related to organizational diagnosis, project work, role-playing, study and discussion of cases.
Assessment methods and criteria
The course attendance and participation to group work in the classroom allow to gain the certificate.