PSYCHODYNAMICS OF FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
At the end of the course, students must demonstrate
• knowledge of relational dynamics in the family's life cycle with particular reference to the dynamics of the new family forms in the current context and of theoretical frameworks on which they are based;
• the ability to apply their knowledge to the social work profession, in the care and management of the helping relationship with families in need who come spontaneously or that are reported to the Services.
• the ability to gather and interpret information about family dynamics in order to develop assessments on cases independently, taking into account the ethical dimension
• the ability to communicate this information, both in the relationship with users and as part of multidisciplinary teams;
• have developed those learning skills that are necessary either to operate with a systematic body of theoretical knowledge, a basic methodology and the use of specific professional instruments, or to undertake studies
period with a high degree of autonomy.
Course contents summary
The course will address the theme of the family and its evolutions in today's society. Will explore the family dynamics that characterize the cycle way, with particular reference to specific areas such as: separation and divorce, blended families, migrant families drug addiction, family and the mental and physical disabilities, and the family multiproblematic and transmission intergenerational, the child maltreatment.
• L. Fruggeri, Diverse Normalità, Carocci, 2009, Roma. Dal capitolo 1 al capitolo 3
• L. Fruggeri, Famiglie, Carocci, 1997, Roma. Dal capitolo 3 al capitolo 7
• M. Malagoli Togliatti, A. Lubrano Lavadera, Dinamiche relazionali e ciclo di vita della famiglia, Il Mulino, 2002, Bologna
• C. Van Cutsem Le famiglie ricomposte, Raffaello Cortina editore, 1998
ASSESSMENTS (the student will have to choose one the followingbrifsunderlined, this task is mandatory in order to pass the module)
• Maria Grazia Attili, Attaccamento e amore, Il Mulino, Bologna, 2004
• L. Carli, Dalla diade alla famiglia. I legami di attaccamento nella rete familiare. Raffaele Cortina, 1999, Milano (DAL CAPITOLO 1 AL CAPITOLO 6)
• S. Cirillo, R. Berrini, G. Cambiaso, R. Mazza, La famiglia del tossicodipendente. Tra terapia e ricerca. Raffaello Cortina, 2017, Milano
• S. Cirillo, Cattivi genitori, Raffaello Cortina, 2005, Milano
• T. Bertotti, Bambini e famiglie in difficoltà, Carocci, 2012 Roma.
• L. Volpini , Valutare le competenze genitoriali, Carocci Faber, 2011, Roma
• R. Luberti, C. Grappolini, Violenza assistita, separazioni traumatiche, maltrattamenti multipli, Erikson, 2017, Trento (DAL CAPITOLO 1 AL CAPITOLO 8)
MIXED FRONTAL LESSON (in presence/ at a distance in symchronous)
During the lectures the general issues related to the themes of the psychopathology of family relationships will be discussed.
Assessment methods and criteria
The final evaluation will be carry out in oral from assess:
- the knowledge gained by the student on the topics covered in the course
- the ability to make appropriate links between the topics covered in the course and with other disciplines
- the ability to identify the relevant factors on which to base professional judgments on the issues and problems faced and discussed in class during the field placement
- the ability to apply the knowledge to the professional practice during the field placement
The assessment is considered sufficient when the student demonstrates a full understanding of the basic concepts and issues discussed in class, as well as demonstrates to have sufficient capacity to make connection and reflect on what he/her has learned during the year, comprehension exams will be part of the schedule, but no verifications marks will be given.
MEET UP WITH TEACHER FOR CLARIFICATIONS
Please contact the teacher by e-mail to fix up a meeting.