INSURANCE INTERMEDIATION LAB
Learning outcomes of the course unit
By the end of the Lab students have acquired in-depth knowledge and understanding regarding management of an insurance agency. This will enable them to apply knowledge in terms of analytical skills and of problem solving. Through course attendance students will be able to develop their capability of making judgements independently reaching the ability to take both strategic and executive decisions with reference to insurance agency activieties. During the Lab highly specialized/technical language will be adopted in order to stimulate students to improve their communication skills in insurance sector. Learning skills of the students will be stimulated by participating in practical and operational activities of the Lab.
Course contents summary
The Lab is a "virtual insurance agency", in which students play, assuming direct responsibility, the activity of a professional insurance intermediary.
The labo's activities are divided into two parts:
- A first part of the acquisition of technical insurance expertise, preparatory to laboratory practical activities to be carried out simultaneously with these, which aims to provide basic knowledge in insurance.
- A second part of "operational" simulates the typical activities of an insurance agency.
The contents are:
- The activity of insurance companies
- The insurance distribution
- The insurance contract (non-life insurance policy, life insurance policy)
- The consumer protection
- The insurance agency:
* Elements of Accounting and Financial Analysis,
* Portfolio Management,
* Customer Management, CRM, Customer and Customer Experience,
* Human Resources Management,
* Digital Processes,
* Elements of Sales Technique,
- Insurance Supervisory.
The course materials will be uploaded weekly to Elly platform. To download the materials it is necessary to register for the course with a password that will be communicated at the beginning of the course.
Acquisition of knowledge: simulation activities and lectures.
Acquisition of the ability to apply knowledge: simulation activities and project work.
Acquisition of judgment: lessons and project work stimulate capacity for critical evaluation.
Developing capacities for learning: lessons present problematic situations and
stimulate critical focus search for appropriate solutions.
Acquisition of technical language: during the Lab highly specialized/technical language will be adopted and the teacher will illustrate the meaning of the most common terms used by the insurance community.
Assessment methods and criteria
- Progress examination during the Lab, through which will be find out active partecipation, applying knowledge, communication skills and use of appropriate technical language, making judgments and learning skills.
-Final written examination with 20 multiple-choice questions, each evaluated 1.5 marks, through which will be find out the acquisition of knowledge.
Final mark will be composed by: presence and partecipation (20%), progress examination (30%), final written examination (50%).
The "lode" is given to those particularly deserving students who, in addition to having complied with the requirements necessary to obtain a full assessment in the written test and in the intermediate tests, have on the whole demonstrated an appreciable knowledge of the contents, an excellent ability to apply the knowledge acquired, a high degree of autonomy of judgment and excellent communication skills.
The final grade is published in esse3 within 8 days of taking the exam.
Devices such as smartphones, smartwatches, tablets, etc. are strictly forbidden.